University Centre Intensification
The planning for this project has been undertaken in consideration of several of the observations and recommendations from the 2012 UBC Okanagan Facilities Study.
- That intensification of existing office areas occur through considered alterations and renovations following UBC space management standards – to better serve office areas functionality.
- That intensification in UNC continues.
- That Fipke be consolidated with academic uses.
- In view of the duty to accommodate, provide a dedicated exam room for the Disability Resource Centre.
- Moving International Programs and Services from Fipke frees up space for research or academic uses and consolidates Student Services units into UNC.
- Addressing space and ergonomic concerns with a new front counter design. The new design will provide additional space in the foyer to enable a “Welcome Centre” for prospective and current students. This space will also be combined with a connection to the proposed Okanagan Commons project.
- Intensification of International and Domestic recruitment offices, moving from individual offices to shared office or open workstations.Additional shared meeting rooms with primary use to recruitment.
- Intensification of Enrolment Services office space to consolidate groups into one location. This frees up space on second floor for future need.
- Renovation of space for Disability Resource Centre with private offices and dedicated exam space.
- Providing Ombudsperson and Equity offices with private access.
- Shared meeting room upgrade to accommodate Thesis Defense and BOG and Senate Committees.
|UNC215||New Access into private offices for Ombudsman and Equity functions|
|UNC217||Improved UNC front counter. Tied to UNC 322 intensification|
|UNC222||Intensification of International and Domestic Recruitment units|
|UNC227||Renovations for International Programs and Services function|
|UNC322||Enrolment Services reorganization and office intensification|
|UNC214||New Disability Resource Centre offices, exam space|
|UNC334||Meeting room upgrade to provide Thesis Defense Room|
The Intensification will take place in two Phases with an approximate completion date of January, 2016.
- Phase 1 will include renovations to the Disability Resource Centre, Ombudsman and Equity Offices, Enrolment Services and the Student Service Desk.
- Phase 2 will include renovations to Domestic and International Recruitment and International Programs.