Space Planning and Management is the UBC Okanagan community’s first contact for space planning services, requests for new space, renovations, and changes to space usage.
To provide strategic planning and management services that support and accommodate academic and research growth while ensuring the best and highest use of campus space.
We work with administrators and faculty to:
- Provide planning and functional programming for new projects, submissions for UBC's Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI) and renovations and space adjustment projects.
- Review space requests and work to ensure the best possible use of campus space.
- Develop consequential move and swing space strategies for groups planning improvements.
- Develop transparent space use policies that provide incentive to constituents to centralize, down size, share and relinquish unused space.
Space Planning and Management is responsible for:
- Maintaining, updating and verifying the accuracy of UBC Okanagan’s Space Inventory System according to BC Universities Space Standards categories.
- Ensuring all renovations and structural changes are updated within the Infrastructure Development and Archibus/OSIS systems.
- Documenting departmental space issues and concerns, and attempting to have them resolved.
- Providing administrative support to the UBC Okanagan Space Allocation Committee (OSAC).